Here's the finished room:
Here's what's in it:
- Barn windows: Bought about 3 years ago at an antique show for $30. My dad added the shelves to the bottom of each window for me. Then I cleaned them up, and painted and distressed them for a shabby chic look.
- White vases: Bought from Target several years ago...I just thought they were pretty!
- Chandelier: Purchased from Ikea for $39.99.
- Lamps: Already had them, but they were black...and Jeff's, but he agreed to let me spray paint them bright yellow. He's awesome like that :)
- Lampshades: Purchased from Walmart, $14.97 each.
- Curtain rods & drapes: Rods bought on clearance from Target and spray painted to match lamps. The drapes are from Ikea. Both were bought about 3 years ago, I think. I don't remember how much they cost, but I was pretty poor, so they couldn't have been that expensive.
- Wooden DREAM letters: Got these at Michael's. Over the years, they've been 3 different colors--purple in my first tiny apartment in Virginia, then silver in my second apartment, and now yellow.
- Throw pillows: Inserts from Ikea for $7.00 each, and pillowcases from etsy for $35.
- Duvet cover & shams: Bought at Ikea for $60.
- B&W photos: These are the two best photos I shot for my photo class in college. I developed the negatives and made the prints myself in the darkroom. Best college class ever!
- Night stands: Purchased from a flea market for $60 and painted using Benjamin Moore's enamel paint in Snowbound; chevron stripe done in Proper Gray, and new pulls from Target for $10.
- Frames: All from the flea market for 50 cents to $3.00 each...all together probably about $8.50.
I'd like to find a couple of yellow accents to add to the shelves, but other than that--this room is DONE. If you come stay with us, you'll definitely have the best room in the house :)